Personal trainer course
We finished a three part course for personal trainers at Good-Life Alexandra Hills today
The Course outline was:
- Assessments and Tests for basic functional movement and stabilization patterns.
- Activation of proper diaphragm breathing and core stabilization.
- Functional positioning with joint centration and stabilization.
- We added it all together into the “Active stance” (core stabilization while maintaining breathing and joint centration with proper stabilization.)
- Lower body exercises- positioning and activation of good stabilization patterns.
- Upper body exercises- positioning and activation of good stabilization patterns.
The trainers got to assess and instruct each other in core activation, positioning and stabilization. We also covered and practised key-points in proper execution of many fundamental gym exercises.
The aim with this course was to provide the trainers with:
- Tools to better assess functional movement and stabilization patterns in their clients.
- A better understanding and analysis of the risks involved in different exercises based on the individual’s ability to stabilize movements.
- Improved ability to choose suitable exercises based upon assessments and testing.
- Greater knowledge of functional joint positions and stabilization patterns in exercises.
- Instruction cues to activate proper stabilization patterns in different exercises.
- Ability to break exercises down to achieve activation of specific stabilization patterns.